There's only so much a man can do without believing in himself. Without the confidence to try, there's no motivation to push the limits of what he thought possible.
His worst enemy is his pride, which claims to protect him from his fears, yet does little more than serve as an additional barrier. Without the chance to push past his fears, man is debilitatingly crippled as he will retreat to be comforted by the equally unhelpful self-pity and regret.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This guy, according to Florida's Sun Sentinel, showed up in court with this jacket, "humorously" depicting a cartoonish rec...
-
When you forget your passions, it becomes difficult to take them up again. You realize how you loved them, and you also realize that they ha...
-
Geaux (to hell) Tigers. Roll (to hell) Tide... Pretty much sums up the roar on newsfeeds and timelines. We can agree that the BCS champi...
-
In lieu of returning to beloved Ole Miss, I have just arrived in scenic Auburn, Alabama...undertaking a completely new experience. Yes, al...
-
The humble haircut. Simple, innocuous, and a symbol of renewal. Shedding and revealing new growth underneath. It offers a feeling of rejuven...
-
You know, I didn't realize people still read this. I happened to check on the view count today. Anyway, a week into 2013, and I'm g...
-
I just ordered some wayfarer-style sunglasses from Knockaround . The company is a San Diego-based startup that appears to be doing well for ...
-
Having spent a full 24 hours here, I've found Auburn to be quite an interesting city. First, the best barbecue I've ever had. Hands ...
-
The ultimate show human expression is creation. For us to give a part of our soul and transliterate it into something that can be experience...
-
Returning to my home campus today. I enjoyed the visit and had quite a bit of fun. I'm a huge fan of leaving comfort zones far behind, w...
Blog Archive
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment