Saturday, January 21, 2012

#RebelInAuburn, Part II

Having spent a full 24 hours here, I've found Auburn to be quite an interesting city. First, the best barbecue I've ever had. Hands down. Because this isn't Mississippi, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that your neighbor in your dorm is female. Greek life...is intense (that's all I'm saying about that). I've met some pretty interesting characters so far.

Downtown is very much like Oxford's square, though generally no dancing happens, and everything stays open until 2AM.

They listen to the same music I do...which pleases me to no end. Yes, there's only so much Skrillex I can handle, and I'd much prefer to jam to Pitbull or Drake.

Today, I went to an Auburn Tigers basketball game, in which they spanked South Carolina (I'm sure you can find some innuendo in there somewhere). It was their letterman's day, so they had basketball alumni return, including one Sir Charles Barkley. I sat not far from him.

And that's all for this unusually short post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts