Monday, January 23, 2012

Reintegration.

Woke up this morning at 9:30. Probably the earliest I'll ever wake up before class. Did my usual morning ritual of cleaning myself up, furiously scouring emails, marking appointments, sending emails, responding to text messages, reading asinine facebook comments, and generally stalling.

Class at 11am. Geology 102. Because I need one more science class (without a lab), and this was it. That class is packed. Kids come in late, climbing over everyone because the room is filled to capacity. Me? I'm just contemplating today's blog post.

Queen (the professor) reminds us of the rumor that, last year during tornado season, professors would hold students hostage with an assignment that must be done. Can't leave until it's finished, and it cannot be made up. She goes on to remark how 1) it's sociopathic, 2) dangerous, and 3) completely against university policy—if that really did happen.

Side note: should that ever happen, leave and seek safety, then file a grievance against the professor.

I find out that the exams are structured such that of the four (including the final), only the top three will count. And one falls on the day right after my birthday. Any college student in this situation creates this predicament: "do I prepare to nurse the inevitable hangover resulting from turning 21? Or suck it up, wait a day, and ace every exam so I can choose not to take the final?"

I'm a future-minded guy in academic cases, so I'll be a responsible human, thank you.

Queen (the professor) let us out 20 minutes after class began. And that's the end of my school day.

Of course, the life of being busy is never that simple. Meetings upon meetings, making time to kill time, and not being a recluse is the order of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Posts